PUBG have announced a 10 day event mode to test the new Flare Gun in a public beta, to see how the new item can fit “within the normal PUBG atmosphere”.
The mode will operate the exact same as regular squads mode, except there will be a small chance that the Flare Gun will spawn in amongst regular loot.
The intention to test how whether the Flare Gun can be part of regular looting in games, although the developers say it would be a ‘rare drop’.
Unlike other PUBG event modes which typically only last a single weekend, the Flare Gun public beta will run for 10 days, so that the devs can get some thorough testing of the item.
Starts: Sep 20, 7pm PDT / Sep 21, 4am CEST / Sep 21, 11am KST
Ends: Sep 30, 7pm PDT / Oct 1, 4am CEST / Oct 1, 11am KST
4-man squads on Erangel (All Regions)
NA/EU/AS: TPP & FPP
The video below gives more details on what the event will involve.[ad name=”article3″]
- Squads of four players will fight on Erangel
- Flare Guns will spawn randomly all over the map, but are very rare.
- A plane will drop a special care package if the flare is fired inside the safe zone.
- A plane will drop a special vehicle if the flare is fired outside the safe zone.
- An icon on the map will show all players the location where a special care package has dropped.
OTHER EVENT RULES
- 4-person squads only. Auto-matching is switchable to On/Off
- Weather is set to Sunny
- Red zones are enabled
- General care packages are enabled
- Killer Spectating is enabled
- Friendly fire is enabled