The June 5 Pokemon Direct revealed the most Pokemon Sword and Shield information to date – however, one leak that correctly predicted a lot of these details ahead of the presentation, has also revealed a lot more.
Update: The leaker has also correctly leaked the name of one of the gym leaders – the water gym, Nessa. This was confirmed in the Nintendo E3 2019 presentation.
What we know so far?
The following Pokemon Sword and Shield details have already been revealed:
- Your rival is named Hop
- Zacian and Zamazenta are legenedary wolf Pokemon – one holds a sword in its mouth and the latter has a shield for a mane
- Dynamax is a new dynamic that supersizes Pokemon during battle
- There is a wild area which is an open world biome that is fully explorable – wild Dynamax Pokemon can found here in max raid battles
- Leon is the champion of the Galar region and Sonia is his former rival
This information came directly from a leak posted on a message board. Of course Nintendo have since confirmed these details.
What has been leaked then?
The leak shares lots of other details also, which unless the original poster has made some astonishing guesses suggests they are legitimate.
The yet to be confirmed leaks are as follows (SPOILER ALERT):
- Like Hop, Bede and Marnie are two other trainers you’ll be coming up against
- Team Yell is the gang in this game, who are well meaning fans of Marnie causing trouble
- To become part of the gym challenge, you will have to get an endorsement. Bede gets an endorsement from Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana
- Zacian and Zamazenta appear to be good legendaries whereas Eternatus is an evil one
- On top of Dynamaxing, there is another concept called Gigantamaxing – while it might sound like it makes Pokemon even bigger, it actually changes what the Pokemon look like. For example Meowth turns into a long cat and Pikachu turns into a “retro fat Pikachu”
- Some Pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd
- Skwovet and Greedunt are chipmunk Pokemon who will hide in berry trees and attack randomly if you shake for too many berries. If they attack, you lose half the berries that dropped
- The fourth gym is the first Fairy type gym, led by an actress named Opal. Milo, Nessa, and Kabu are the first ones
- There are gym challenges to complete before you can battle for the badge
- Milo has you herding sheep Pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi Pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere
- Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way
- Kabu requires you to catch Pokemon and get 5 points, but you have to be in a party battle with another trainer who’s also trying to catch it
- Camping is how you play with Pokemon now. You’ll get two toys, a feather toy and toy Pokeball, which can raise friendship. You can make curry which will raise starts and friendliness
Starter Pokemon evolution details
That is a lot of information but the leaker didn’t stop there – revealing the much wanted details about Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble’s evolutions.
- Grookey will end up as a giant gorilla that beats a wood drum to attack
- Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter. It becomes Raboot, but I don’t remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid
- Sobble becomes Sizzile and then Intelleon, a chameleon with a spy theme
Pokemon Sword and Shield will release on November 15, 2019 on the Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo have also confirmed it will be available to play for the first time at E3 2019.
Last updated 12:33, June 11, 2019