Finding out how to catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go remains a mystery for many trainers, with the elusive shapeshifter’s current disguises for November 2021 making things that much harder.
Despite its introduction into Go in 2016, Ditto is still one of the trickiest Pokemon to catch in the game. Trainers looking to complete certain Research objectives may find themselves at a loss at where to find the Normal-type amorphous blob.
That’s because the adorable Ditto disguises itself as different monsters, and the roster of who it can transform into continually changes. Thankfully, there are a few different ways to catch the purple Gen 1 monster in November.
- Ditto in Pokemon Go (November 2021)
- Ditto disguises in Pokemon Go
- How to catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go
- Can Ditto hatch from an egg?
- Is Shiny Ditto in Pokemon Go?
Ditto in Pokemon Go (November 2021)
Before we jump into it, it should be said upfront that catching a Ditto in Go is a mixture of patience and luck. Similar to the RPGs, the lovable ‘mon shapeshifts and disguises itself as different Pokemon.
The most obvious step is to catch every Pokemon listed in the chart below when you spot them in the overworld. Players looking for the adorable creature will have to catch a handful of various characters across the map and hope that it turns into the purple blob.
- Read More: Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour schedule and guide
As if that wasn’t challenging enough, Niantic also rotates out the selection of Pokemon it can change into while retiring previous disguises once they get a Shiny version.
To mark the Season of Mischief, Niantic retired a number of Pokemon including Hoothoot and Spinorak from Ditto’s roster, replacing them with new disguises including Ghastly, Drowzee, Dwebble, and more for Trainers to look out for.
Current Ditto disguises in Pokemon Go (November 2021)
Here are all the current Ditto disguises. Should this list change in the future, we’ll make sure to update you with any new additions or ‘mon that are rotated out.
|Ditto Disguises in 2021|
How to catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go
Though the table above will help you when out in the overworld, there are some steps that Trainers can follow to make the likelihood of catching a Ditto that much easier:
- Incense: This can be used to increase spawn rates. While this is active, travel around and catch every monster that’s on the list above. For maximum effect, utilize this during a special event that increases the incense’s active effect time.
- Nearby Tracker: Using this feature allows you to see what Pokemon are close to your location. If any of the above ‘mon appear, click them and head off to catch it.
- Lures: Once a day, throw down one of these at PokeStops. Look out for any of the monsters on the disguise list and catch every single one of them to increase your chances of catching Ditto.
- Pokemon Go groups: Join a group on Facebook or Reddit. Players and friends will often share when a Ditto has been spotted, and other Trainers can go to that location for a limited time and find it.
- Catch with friends: Dittos are not unique to an individual player, so playing with friends can help to increase your chances of catching one.
Is Shiny Ditto in Pokemon Go?
The short answer is yes, Shiny Ditto is available in Pokemon Go.
Shiny Ditto was originally tied to Special Research that could only be claimed during the Kanto Tour event, but ever since it appeared as a Research Breakthrough in September 2021, the variant can now be encountered in the wild (if you’re lucky).
So, there you have it, everything you need to know about how to catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go for November 2021.
Looking for more tips and tricks to become the ultimate Trainer? Check out some of our Pokemon Go guides and lists below:
Spotlight Hour | Cutest Pokemon of all time | How to beat Cliff | How to beat Sierra | How to beat Arlo | How to beat Giovanni | Every Cat Pokemon on the Pokedex | Every Dog Pokemon on the Pokedex | How to get Sinnoh Stones | Pinap Berries guide | How to get Best Buddy status | Current Raid Bosses | How to get free Remote Raid Passes | Shop: Items list, prices, box changes | IV and CP explained | Type chart: Strengths and weaknesses | Field research rewards and tasks | List of free promo codes | Team Rocket Grunt guide