Each month, Pokemon Go players can score free Remote Raid Passes to take on Legendary Pokemon in online battles. Here’s how to get your hands on the highly sought-after item in November 2021.
First added to Pokemon Go in 2020, Remote Raid Passes blew open the game’s popular Raid feature, allowing players to connect remotely to 5-star battles. Even locally, Trainers can take on battles while staying at home.
Unfortunately, they aren’t given out easily like most items. For instance, you can’t get the pass in gifts or from PokeStops. Below, we’ll detail the current method to getting hold of Remote Raid Passes in Pokemon Go.
Additional reporting by Ava Thompson-Powell.
- How to get Remote Raid Passes
- Research Breakthrough rewards
- What are Remote Raid Passes?
- Using Remote Raid Passes
- How much are Remote Raid Passes?
- How to get more Passes
Every Monday in November, players can redeem a bundle in the shop for 1 Poke Coin which will contain one free Remote Raid Pass, alongside other useful items.
- Read More: Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour schedule
As well as this method, Niantic sometimes offers them through Research Breakthrough tasks.
Research Breakthrough rewards
Free Remote Raid Passes cannot be obtained as Research Breakthrough rewards in November 2021. As any information is revealed about it appearing in them during the coming months, we’ll update you here.
What are Remote Raid Passes?
By collecting these passes, you’re able to dive right into raids and even potentially encounter a Legendary Pokemon!
How to use a Remote Raid Pass?
Using the passes is relatively easy. First, you’ll need to access the Nearby screen:
- From the main game screen, look to the bottom right-hand side.
- You’ll see a pair of binoculars. Under that is a bar with silhouetted ‘mon – select that.
- From there, a tab will open. At the top, you’ll see ‘Raid‘.
- Select an ongoing raid that you’d like to join.
- If you have any passes, click the big pink ‘Battle‘ button – a number next to it will display how many passes you have.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to partake in the remote raid and work towards catching that next cool ‘mon on your list.
How much are Remote Raid Passes in Pokemon Go Shop?
Currently, the only other method for collecting Remote Raid Passes is by purchasing them from the Pokemon Go in-game shop.
Trainers can buy 1 pass for 100 PokeCoins, or a bundle of three for 250 PokeCoins. While the coins can be purchased, you can also save them up over time as you play.
If you’re looking for other methods to get the passes, there’s another available option for Trainers with lots of Gyms in their local area:
- Drive around your area and take control of all the available Gyms.
- Leave a Pokemon behind once you’ve taken over the gym to defend it.
- For every hour that a Pokemon defends a gym, you’ll earn 6 PokeCoins.
While earning PokeCoins with this method is indeed viable, it’s worth noting that the rate for this is relatively low, as you cannot earn more than 50 coins in a 24 hour period.
- Read More: Pokemon Go promo codes
If you do this a lot over the course of a period of time, though, you’ll earn enough to be able to exchange your hard-earned coins for Remote Raid Passes in the shop to top you up.
So, there you have it. All you need to know about obtaining free Remote Raid Passes in November 2021.
Looking to become the best Trainer Pokemon Go has ever seen? Brush up on your skills with our handy guides and lists:
Spotlight Hour guide | Current Raid Bosses | Best ‘mon in Go: Attackers and defenders | Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour | Arlo counters guide | Cliff counters guide | Rocket Grunt guide | How to get free Remote Raid Passes | Sierra counters guide | How to catch Ditto | Shop: Items list, prices, box changes