Alolan Ninetales is a strong contender in Pokemon Unite, and you’ll need to learn how to best play the Attacker to take out enemies and secure the win. Here’s everything you need to know about Ninetales’ best build, from moveset, stats, to Battle and Held Items in the TiMi Studios MOBA.
As an Attacker, Alolan Ninetales’ main focus is to deal as much damage as it can in order to ward off foes and allow teammates to score in the MOBA. The Gen VII Pokemon is a heavy hitter, freezing opponents and messing up their day.
It is important to master the icy creature if you want to master the arena in Pokemon Unite. Even when losing, a good Ninetales player can turn the tide of battle.
- Best Alolan Ninetales build Pokemon Unite
- Alolan Ninetales moveset
- Alolan Ninetales Pokemon Unite items
- Alolan Ninetales stats
- How to play Alolan Ninetales
- Alolan Ninetales evolution level
- How to unlock Alolan Ninetales in Pokemon Unite
- Best Pokemon Unite build guides for all Pokemon
From the best moves, Battle and Held items to take with Alolan Ninetales into the arena, this Attacker’s best moveset will give you everything you need to dominate as the icy ‘mon.
|Move||Unlocked At||Upgrade Level|
|Icy Wind||Level 1||Level 6: Upgrades to either Aurora Veil or Blizzard.|
|Avalanche||Level 4||Level 12: Attacks with an ice wall from the ground. Slows the enemy down.|
|Blizzard||Level 6||Level 13: Creates an icy AOE and decreases movement speed of the opponent. Reduces intervals between damage dealt.|
|Snow Globe||Level 9||–|
Once the battle starts, Alolan Ninetales should use Icy Wind. The ranged attack not only inflicts damage on opponents but also slows them down, meaning they can’t easily flee back to their goal to recover HP.
At Level 3, initially learn Powder Snow. Like Icy Wind, it decreases foes’ movement speed, making it perfect for saving hurt teammates or stopping opponents from scoring goals.
Icy Wind is replaced by Blizzard at level 6, and Avalanche replaces Powder Snow at level 4.
|Held Item||What it Does||Max Stat Boosts|
|Shell Bell||Heals HP every time you attack a wild Pokemon and opponents.||Sp Attack + 24
Cooldown – 4.5%
|Sp. Atk. Specs||Increases Special Attack every time you score, up to 6 times.||Sp Attack +24|
|Wise Glasses||Increases Special Attack.||Sp. Attack +39|
- Shell Bell: This Held Item allows you to head out on your own and not worry about being healed. It restores your health every time that you inflict damage on an opponent or a wild Pokemon.
- Sp. Atk. Specs: Increases the Special Attack stat, but only works when you score, and up to a maximum of six times. Since Alolan Ninetales can freeze enemies, this item works perfectly to immobilize them and allow you to run to the enemy’s goal.
- Wise Glasses: Attacker Pokemon need to deal damage, so getting its Sp. Atk. up is a must. The Wise Glasses increase Special Attack by 3% at its base level, giving you an extra boost.
|Held Item||What it Does||Unlocked At|
|Eject Button||Quickly moves your Pokemon in the designated direction.||Trainer Level 11|
- Eject Button: This choice is undoubtedly the best one for Ninetales. Because you will be rushing in and attacking whenever there’s an opening, the Battle Item allows you to move away quickly if cornered. It’s also useful when closing the distance if a wounded opponent is fleeing towards their goal to heal up, or when rushing towards an open goal when you need to score.
|Level||HP||Attack||Defense||Special Attack||Special Defense||Speed|
- Alolan Ninetales’ moves allow them to adapt to either a build focused primarily on damage output, or something slightly more support-based. Keep an eye on your team composition to see which route is best to take.
- Despite this, make sure to use your other allies as support to increase your survivability from the likes of Snorlax and other Defenders.
- Focus the early game on leveling up as quickly by defeating Wild Pokemon to get that evolution in the bag to benefit from that Special Attack boost at Level 4.
- Make sure to not get too close to your enemies – as Ninetales is a ranged attacker, you’ll suffer the consequences if you let them.
Trainers won’t spend too much time with Vulpix during a match, as the ‘mon will quickly evolve into Ninetales by reaching Level 4.
|Alolan Vulpix (Level 1)||Alolan Ninetales (Level 4)|
There are two methods of unlocking Alolan Ninetales in Pokemon Unite: either through the shop or as part of any new players’ 14-Day Welcome Gifts.
- To unlock the ‘mon, purchase their license through the Unite Battle Committee shop for 460 Aeos Gems / 8,000 Aeos Coins.
- To unlock them through the latter method for free, you’ll need to log in on your second day of play.
If you’re looking for more tips to become the ultimate Pokemon Unite player, check out our guides below covering all of the currently playable ‘mon and their best builds:
This is the best build for Alolan Ninetales in Pokemon Unite right now, but Trainers should experiment with other move paths and items to see what works best for them.
For more tips and tricks on becoming the ultimate Pokemon Unite player, check out our other guides:
How to play All-Rounders | How to play Attackers | How to play Defenders | How to play Supporters | How to play Speedsters | How to unlock Zeraora | All Held Items & what they do | Meta tips you need to know