Blizzard have pushed yet another update to the Overwatch Public Test Realm (PTR), addressing some Sigma bugs and further balance changes.
There are plenty of exciting features for players to test on the current iteration of the PTR, which includes a preview for role queue and new hero Sigma in addition to some major changes to existing heroes.
Not every update can introduce a new hero or major feature, though, and the latest PTR patch instead simply introduces some further adjustments to previous changes, with no major new content on the list this time.
Though it might look somewhat pedestrian compared to some of its recent predecessors, the latest update does include some important changes.
- Read more: Here’s why Sigma has bare feet in Overwatch
Both role queue and Sigma got some key bug fixes as Blizzard continue to prepare them for the live game, with perhaps the most notable being an issue with Sigma that was allowing him to fire more than two Hyperspheres at once for ridiculous burst damage.
There are also some adjustments to existing heroes, with D.Va’s Pilot ultimate cost being reduced, reverting a previous nerf, while Symmetra’s teleporter cooldown and re-use time have both been decreased.
The full notes for the July 24 PTR update can be seen below.
Overwatch PTR July 24 patch notes
- Practice Range has been temporarily disabled on PTR-only. For players looking to try out Sigma’s abilities in a solo setting, private Custom Games can still be made in the Game Browser.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Ready button to be displayed when no roles had been selected, when using a controller.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to be on multiple regional leaderboards at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to appear on the Top 500 All leaderboard when 1 or more roles are still in placement matches.
- Fixed a bug that caused players who allow the “Waiting on you to select role” timer to expire, to get into an unusable state if they were grouped in LFG.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from interacting with the role selection invite using a gamepad if inside the Play menu.
- Fixed a bug where queue time wasn’t displayed properly while in skirmish.
- D.Va Pilot ultimate cost reduced by 12%
- (Reworded from previous patch notes for clarity) Activation time increased from 0.2 to 0.35 seconds.
- Cooldown decreased from 15 seconds to 12 seconds
- Teleport re-use time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1 second
- Decreased projectile speed from 13 to 12.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Competitive groups being found in LFG
- Fix rare instances of ‘avoid as teammate’ not working
- Fixed a bug where Gravitic Flux would do ground impact damage to training bots before they hit the ground.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sigma to fire more than two Hyperspheres at once.
- Fixed a bug that cause Sigma’s “Hello” voice line to not play.