The latest update to Teamfight Tactics, Patch 9.15b, introduces some nerfs to the game’s most powerful champions along with key bugfixes.
Teamfight Tactics currently receives more frequent updates than League of Legends itself, operating on a weekly cycle that sees significant changes made alongside the LoL patches followed by smaller balancing updates in the week after.
The latest update is one of those smaller ‘b’ patches, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t have an impact on the game’s meta, as even minor changes to a key champion could swing the balance of a variety of compositions.
According to Riot, however, their intention is to let to meta evolve as naturally as possible, rather than forcing change with heavy adjustments to champion, trait, or item power, as Blake ‘Riot Beernana’ Edwards explains:
“This week we’re making light changes to some of the outlier champions and items. We want to see how the meta naturally changes over the course of two weeks with minimal input on our end. We’re pretty happy with the state of the meta at the moment as we’re seeing different compositions compete at all levels of the game.”
A bug that caused players to miss the first Shared Draft has also been fixed.[ad name=”article3″]
Of the changes that are being made, most significant are perhaps the nerfs to tier 5 champions Karthus and Kayle, who are currently proving too strong individually, while Twisted Fate – the game’s newest champion but widely regarded as one of the weakest in the game – is getting a buff to his health and Attack Damage.
On the item side, Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Runaan’s Hurricane, and Sword of the Divine are getting direct buffs, while Phantom Dancer now also allows the wielder to dodge critical strikes, and Guardian Angel and Morellonomicon face nerfs.
The next major update to the game will be Patch 9.16, which is expected to go live on August 14 and will bring with it four new champions and the all-new Hextech Origin.
The full patch notes for Patch 9.15b can be read below:
Teamfight Tactics Patch 9.15b notes
- Fixed a bug so that other allies properly prioritize the target of Blitzcrank’s ability…again.
- Attack Damage: 40 ⇒ 45
- Spiderling Attack Damage: 40 ⇒ 50
- Ability Damage: 400/700/1000 ⇒ 350/600/850
- Ability Targets: 5/9/13 ⇒ 5/7/9
- Mana required to activate ability: 100 ⇒ 125
- Stun Duration: 2/2.5/3 ⇒ 1.5/2/2.5
- Ability Attack Speed Bonus: 0.4/0.7/1.0 ⇒ 0.3/0.5/0.7
- Health: 450 ⇒ 500
- Attack Damage: 40 ⇒ 50
- Ability Damage: 300/500/700 ⇒ 300/550/800
- Health on restoration: 1000 ⇒ 800
- Attack Speed per stack: 4% ⇒ 5%
- Burn Damage: 25% ⇒ 20%
- Now allows the holder to dodge critical strikes from abilities.
- Bonus Damage: 25% ⇒ 75%
- Fixed an issue where it would deal more damage than intended when less than four targets where available.
Sword of the Divine
- Chance to activate: 5% ⇒ 7%
Fixed a bug that delayed players loading in to game until after the first carousel round. This was fixed last week.