TFT patch 11.12 is here, and it’s time to chase some new ultra-powerful traits. Riot is stretching out the power of spatula items with new trait tiers, as well as nerfing some big three-star carry comps like Katarina and Riven.
If you ever wanted to make 4 Revenant or 9 Skirmisher in TFT Reckoning, you’ll now be able to after TFT patch 11.12. The addition of new “Chase” traits in the update will shake up the power of spatula items, with some pretty insane rewards if you manage to hit.
That’s not all though, with some key unit balancing coming as new carries like Katarina and Riven decimate the meta. Here’s what you need to know.
Here are the changes the Live Balance team has been cooking up. This image doesn’t cover the new Reach traits (Dragonslayer 6, Skirmisher 9, etc) or the Loot Orb/Armory updates. There’s lots to be excited about for 11.12 which hits LIVE on Wednesday! pic.twitter.com/DZUaKwUboG
— Teamfight Tactics (@TFT) June 5, 2021
What’s coming in TFT patch 11.12?
New “Chase” traits for Skirmisher, Dragonslayer, more
The big change of TFT patch 11.12 is the introduction of more “Chase” traits. You will only be able to achieve these ultra-powerful upgrades with spatula items, but if you do find them, they’re worth it.
- 4 Ironclad: 180 Armor
- 4 Revenant: Revive with 100% Health
- 6 Dragonslayer: 140 Ability Power for Dragonslayers, 100 for team
- 6 Renewer: 10% Health or 10% Mana per second
- 6 Spellweaver: 80 Ability Power, 8 bonus Ability Power after casting
- 9 Skirmisher: 60% Max Health Shield and +10 Attack Damage per second
Riot are keeping an eye on the numbers in case any shenanigans happen, but given how unlikely it’ll be to hit these powerful breakpoints.
New chase traits coming in 11.12!
Which ones are you excited to try? Any you're scared of? And are there any you feel should still be added? pic.twitter.com/lVDsSoSOSK
— Riot Mort (@Mortdog) June 4, 2021
Meta comps Katarina, Riven, Kayle take a hit
Riot made an attempt to shift power away from four-cost carries by buffing some variations of the three and five-cost ones. However, they went a bit too far with a few of them: namely Katarina, Kayle, and Riven.
In patch 11.12, they’ll be brought back in line. Katarina’s damage is being lowered at three-star, and the same goes for Riven’s attack damage bonus.
Ziggs, Brand, Hecarim, and Nunu are all set for nerfs too, and so is the Abomination trait.
On the buffs side, Lissandra, Vayne, Vladimir, Nautilus, Thresh, and Jax will be getting a leg-up. Dawnbringer, Redeemed, and Skirmisher are also being buffed — the latter getting extra bonuses on top of the addition of the nine-unit chase trait.
The Armory rework is also coming with the potential to drop full items, as well as special items like Neeko’s Help.
You can find the full TFT patch 11.12 notes below, courtesy of Riot Games.
TFT patch 11.12 notes
- 1000 Daggers Primary Damage: 250/300/400 ⇒ 280/330/450
- 1000 Daggers Secondary Damage: 125/150/200 ⇒ 140/165/225
- Silver Bolts Damage: 65/90/140 ⇒ 70/100/140
- Max Mana Buff: 0/85 ⇒ 0/80
- Mana Lock after casting: 1 ⇒ 1.5 seconds
- Spirit of Dread now correctly scales with Ability Power
- Spirit of Dread Damage: 450/600/1200 ⇒ 250/350/500
- Spirit of Dread Healing: 300/400/800 ⇒ 250/350/500
- Ethereal Chain Damage: 200/250/500 ⇒ 100/150/250
- Ethereal Chain Stun Duration: 2 ⇒ 1.5/2/2.5 seconds
- Health: 550 ⇒ 600
- Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 80
- Anchor Slam Damage: 150/250/700 ⇒ 200/300/750
- Attack Damage: 45 ⇒ 65
- Attack Damage: 55 ⇒ 75
- Sinister Blade Primary Damage: 200/250/450 ⇒ 200/250/420
- Sinister Blade Secondary Damage: 100/125/225 ⇒ 100/125/210
Nunu & Willump
- Max Mana Nerf: 0/70 ⇒ 0/75
- Blade of the Dawn Attack Damage Bonus: 90/100/150% ⇒ 90/100/130%
- Attack Damage: 90 ⇒ 85
- Max Mana Buff: 60/120 ⇒ 40/100
- Grasping Roots Damage: 250/350/700 ⇒ 200/325/700
- Max Mana Buff: 0/100 ⇒ 0/90
- Empowered Strike Bonus Attack Speed: 20/25/60% ⇒ 30/35/100%
- Mana Lock: 1.25 ⇒ 1.5 seconds.
- Max Mana Buff: 0/60 ⇒ 0/50
- Mana Reduction Per Cast: 20/20/40 ⇒ 15/15/30
- Soulflare Damage: 200/250/600 ⇒ 240/300/700
- Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.75
- Divine Ascent 3rd Ascension Attacks per Immunity: 7 ⇒ 10
- Mana Ratio: 40% ⇒ 45%
Archdemon’s Staff of Immortality
- Mana Ratio: 350% ⇒ 400%
- Lifesteal: 40% ⇒ 33%
- Self Damage: 33% ⇒ 25% of max Health
Hand of Justice
- Attack Damage and Ability Power: 40 ⇒ 45
- Magic Resist Shred: 40% ⇒ 50%
- Self Damage: 15% of max Health ⇒ 100% of max Mana multiplied by Star Level
- Damage: 25% ⇒ 20% of pre-mitigation damage taken
Vengeful Trap Claw
- Renamed to Banshee’s Claw
- The monstrosity now stops charging after slamming into two targets.
- The monstrosity now removes AS slows and AD reduction effects when he casts his spell.
- Armor/Magic Resist: 40/50/60 ⇒ 40/60/75
- Attack Damage: 100/160/220 ⇒ 90/150/200
- Bonus AD: 10/16/22 ⇒ 9/15/20
- Damage Reduction: Damage Reduction: 20/30/35% ⇒ 20/25/30%
- Bonus Damage: 10% ⇒ 12%
- Dragonslayer 6: Now offers Dragonslayers 140 Ability Power and teammates 100 Ability Power
- Allies gain 180 Armor
- Armor/ Magic Resist/ Ability Power: 30/50/70 ⇒ 30/60/90
- Renewer 6: Renewers Heal for 10% of their maximum Health each second, and at full Health, they restore 10% of their Mana instead.
- Revenant 4: Revenants will revive with 75% of max Health.
- Skirmisher 9: Skirmishers gain a shield equal to 60% of their max Health at the start of combat, and 10 bonus Attack Damage per second.
- Max Health Shield: 20/40/60% ⇒ 25/40/60%
- Spellweaver 6: Spellweavers have 80 increased Ability Power and are granted an additional 8 Ability Power Per Cast, stacking up to 10 times.
- Level 4: 55/30/15/0/0% → 50/30/20/5/0%
- Level 5: 45/33/20/2/0% → 40/33/25/2/0%
- Base Critical Strike Damage: 150% → 130%
- 3-2 Armory (Changed): 2 Regular Components ⇒ 1 Shadow, 1 Regular
- 4-2 Armory (Removed): Removing the 4-2 Armory to prevent against forcing builds and an overabundance of items.
- Armory Frequency: Starting on Stage 4, the Second Round of each Stage (4-2, 5-2, 6-2, etc.) has a chance to have an additional Armory. These will have a variety of options including: Consumables (Reforger, Neeko’s, Magnetic Remover, and Loaded Dice), Spatulas, Item Components (Bow, Sword, etc.), Combined Items (Bloodthirster, Riskthirster, etc.), and Emblems (Completed Spatula Items).
- Later stage drops are more powerful. A Stage 6+ Armory will no longer offer item components, and later Stage armories can offer Emblems for traits that you are playing.
- Hyper Roll Armory: A bonus Armory can appear on 5-2, 7-2, 9-2, etc.
- Hyper Roll Basic Armory rounds have been shuffled slightly to accommodate the newly stocked Armory.
- Reforger: Use to reroll items into other items of the same evil/vanilla variant and same tier (completed/uncompleted as well as emblems).
- It’s unnatural: Force of Nature and Force of Darkness cannot be rerolled.
- Magnetic Remover: Use to remove items equipped to a champion.
- PC Only: From the TFT lobby, you can click your portrait to switch between your current Little Legend’s icon and your Summoner icon.
Skyglass Eggs and URF Dowsie
- Skyglass Eggs are coming to TFT at 390RP (2.99 Mobile)
- Our least expensive eggs yet are for players looking to get any Little Legend from launch to Spirit Blossom. Eggs are also available in bundles.
- For the hardcore collectors, Skyglass Eggs have a chance to drop URF Dowsie, our first Mythic tier Little Legend.
- Brand’s cast no longer counts twice towards on-cast effects such as Archangel’s Staff and Shadow Jeweled Gauntlet
- Hecarim’s Spirit of Dread now correctly scales with Ability Power
- Vel’Koz will now find a new target for his Lifeform Disintegration Ray if his current target becomes untargetable (Guardian Angel, Revenant)
- Stick em with the pointy end: Pantheon will now face his new combat target with Aegis Assault if his current target becomes untargetable (Guardian Angel, Revenant)
- Damage ticks from Pantheon’s Aegis Assault can now properly critically strike and be dodged
- re-Steeling the credit: Rell is now properly credited for her shielding in the Shields & Healing chart
- No longer chasing thunder: Units should no longer attempt to chase Kennen if he dashes very far away
- Fixed a rare Kindred bug where Wolf would get stuck in Lamb