While Dr. Mundo is getting a big VGU, Riot are looking at revamping other champions in League Season 11 to bring them back to modernity. Top of the list? Rammus, with the jungler set to get a new set of wheels in 2021.
The item rework has left a lot of old champions even further in the lurch. There’s a fair few Riot has their eyes on, but there’s one at the top of the list: Rammus. The Armadillo is expected to get a rework in Season 11, and there’s a precedent for the changes.
New Rammus abilities in League of Legends: ultimate reworked
League players got their first taste of the Rammus rework through mobile clone Wild Rift. The jungler, who launched on patch 2.2, did so with a new kit that was more mobile-friendly.
Some of those changes have made it to PC. Leroy ‘Sirhaian’ Kevin has worked on a gameplay update, including overhauls to Rammus’ skins and kit.
The biggest change is to his ultimate. Now called Soaring Slam, Rammus gets some hang time before slamming back into the ground and creating tremors. This more mobile engage opportunity could bring the tank back into the meta.
For context, Rammus' R is now a leap! Full details here~
(I just make the VFXs, pls dont ask me to buff or nerf, ty~ 💖) pic.twitter.com/URMrVJ8aGq
— ✂️ Little Sirhaian Doll 🧵 (@Sirhaian) April 1, 2021
Lead gameplay designer Mark ‘Scruffy’ Yetter also confirmed back in January that Rammus’ taunt would be getting a buff too.
- Read More: League Space Groove 2021 event guide
It should last longer on monsters to help his jungle clear, but less on champions. This wasn’t made clear in Sirhaian’s thread, however.
— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) January 15, 2021
When is Rammus’ rework launching in League of Legends?
There’s no current date penned for Rammus’ League of Legends rework. It is launching on the League patch 11.8 PBE cycle however, so don’t be surprised if it comes in the next update penned for April 14.
Dr Mundo, Tahm Kench, Sona reworks also slated for Season 11
The announcement of Rammus’ update comes after Yetter outlined Riot’s plans to “spin up more small champion reworks for later patches” in Season 11.
- Read More: Tahm Kench rework coming in League Season 11
Riot has outlined their plans to give Tahm Kench a rework sometime in 2021. They’re testing swapping his ultimate with his Devour W, as well as a host of other changes to make the River King a bit easier to balance.
Dr. Mundo’s full VGU is also on its way, expected by the middle of the year.
Rammus rework in League of Legends: full patch notes
Puncturing Taunt (E)
- Taunt duration is increased by 250% on monsters.
- Cooldown :: 12/11.5/11/105/10 >>> 12 at all ranks
- Taunt Duration :: 1.25-2.25 >>> 1-2 seconds
Soaring Slam (R)
- Rammus leaps into the air and slams down at a target location, dealing magic damage and Slowing enemies for 1 second.
- If Soaring Slam is cast while Rammus is in Powerball, enemies near the center are also Knocked Up and take Powerball’s collision damage, ending Powerball’s effect.
- Rammus also generates 3 additional aftershocks at the target location, each one dealing a small amount of magic damage and refreshing the initial slow.
- Soaring Slam deals 200% damage to turrets.
- Soaring Slam’s range increased based on Rammus’ Move Speed.
- Cooldown :: 100/80/60 >>> 120/100/80 seconds