The official French Twitter account for Fortnite has responded to questions about when Playground Mode 2.0 will go live.
Easily the most popular Limited Time Mode (LTM) to have been introduced to Fortnite Battle Royale in the past, Playground Mode is due to return on July 25.
In a Tweet just after 9:00 AM BST on July 25, the Fortnite France account revealed that Playground 2.0 would not go live until all their colleagues in the United States were also available to help with the workload.
Concernant le Terrain de Jeu : il reviendra dans la journée. Veuillez garder à l'esprit que la plupart de nos collègues sont aux Etats-Unis, où il est actuellement 4h du matin. Nous préférons avoir toutes les équipes disponibles lorsque nous le mettrons en ligne !
— Fortnite :fr: officiel (@FortniteFR) July 25, 2018
The Tweet roughly translates to:
“Regarding the Playground: it will come back in the day. Please keep in mind that most of our colleagues are in the United States, where it is currently 4am. We prefer to have all the teams available when we put it online!”
So, Playground Mode will definitely still go live at some point on July 25, but exactly when that will happen is currently uncertain. Expect it to happen some time after 08:00 ET.
Playground Mode 2.0 has undergone some significant changes compared to the first installment, giving players the ability to switch teams in-game, matches no longer ending if a player leaves, increased resources and more.
The V5.10 patch notes for the popular LTM are as follows:
- Players can now switch teams in-game. Join the same team to work together creatively, join separate teams to practice fighting each other!
- Note: Voice chat will remain on across all teams, future iterations of the mode will offer more customization.
- Aim assist will work when using a gamepad against players on an opposing team.
- Matches will no longer end if one player leaves the server.
- Golf carts have been added and spawn 100% of the time.
- Ammo cans spawn 10x the amount of ammo.
- Removed grey vending machines, increased the chances of higher-tier machines spawning.
- Increased launch & bounce pads spawn likelihood.
- Lowered forced glider deploy height, so players can get back into the action more quickly.
- Increased max rocket ammo cap to 60.
- Increased rocket ammo drop rates.
- Added 100 Supply Drops.
- Chests now spawn 3 weapons and more ammo & consumables than normal.
- Floor loot now spawns 3 items.
- Increased Chug Jug and Slurp Juice spawn chances, decreased Bandages.
- Added Chug Jugs to floor loot.
- Respawn timer lowered from 10s to 3s.
- Drop into the Battle Royale map alone or with up to a full squad for an hour.
- Players respawn immediately unless eliminated by the Storm.
- The Storm doesn’t start closing in for 55 minutes and takes 5 minutes to close in.
- Resources gained from harvesting increased by ten times the normal amount.
- 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map.
- Chests & ammo boxes spawn 100% of the time.