Twitch Rivals have officially announced the teams for the upcoming Fortnite Streamer Bowl, with top-level Fortnite players competing alongside some of the NFL’s biggest names in a Super Bowl weekend duos tournament.
The tournament takes place in Miami, the same city as the Super Bowl, on January 30, with 16 duo teams facing off in Epic Games’ hit battle royale title.
With the teams officially announced, each duo will be battling it out for a $500,000 prize pool for a charity of their choice, making the initiative even more worthwhile.
The teams are as follows:
- Kyle ‘Bugha’ Giersdorf and JuJu Smith-Schuster (Pittsburgh Steelers)
- LosPollosTV and Jamal Adams (New York Jets)
- Mason ‘Symfuhny’ Lanier and D.K. Metcalf (Seattle Seahawks)
- Ben ‘DrLupo’ Lupo and Keenan Allen (Los Angeles Chargers)
- Turner ‘Tfue’ Tenney and Kyler Murray (Arizona Cardinals)
- Nick ‘NICKMERCS’ Kolcheff and Mike Evans (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
- Tim ‘TimTheTatman’ Betar and Jonathan Abram (Oakland Raiders)
- Ryan ‘Chap’ Chaplo and Kyle Van Noy (New England Patriots)
- Cody ‘Clix’ Conrod and Tarik Cohen (Chicago Bears)
- Nick ‘NickEh30’ Amyoony and David Morgan (Minnesota Vikings)
- Malachi ‘Reverse2k’ Greiner and Baker Mayfield (Cleveland Browns)
- Victor ‘elded’ Calderon and Kenyan Drake (Arizona Cardinals)
- Aydan ‘Aydan’ Conrad and Kurt Benkert (Atlanta Falcons)
- Dominick ‘UnknownxArmy’ Green and Avonte Maddox (Philadelphia Eagles)
- NateHill and Eddie Vanderdoes (Houston Texans)
- BrookeAB and Eric Ebron (Indianapolis Colts)
Of course, no players still in Super Bowl contention will be playing at the Streamer Bowl, given the magnitude of their upcoming matches and the fact that they have no choice but to focus purely on their football.
That said, some playoff players will be available, with D.K. Metcalf, Kyle Van Noy, David Morgan, Avonte Maddox, and Eddie Vanderdoes making it to the post-season with their respective teams.
They will be competing alongside some of the greatest names in Fortnite at the Streamer Bowl, so their chances of winning this may be slightly greater than it was of hoisting up the Vince Lombardi trophy.
On the official Streamer Bowl website, there is also a ‘Purple Zone,’ “A video series featuring Twitch & NFL’s biggest competitors.” Although none of the content has been released yet, the players that will be getting their own Purple Zone video are JuJu, DK, Jamal Adams, Mike Evans, Tfue, NICKMERCS, DrLupo, and NickEh30.
The Streamer Bowl kicks off at 3pm PT (6pm EST, 8pm GMT) on January 30, with the format of the tournament yet to be announced. Unlike the Super Bowl, no prolific half-time show has been announced, either.