Warzone has been dominated by assault rifles for quite some time now. However, that may change, as the C58 and Krig 6 are getting nerfed. This update is also buffing High Alert, as it will now allow players to hear someone using Dead Silence.
Raven Software announced a surprise update to Warzone that is hitting assault rifles. The C58, Krig 6, and EM2 are all getting nerfed. The C58 and Krig 6 are two ARs that have dominated the meta the past few months, but may not be used anymore.
Another huge update is coming to the High Alert perk. This will now allow players to hear people that are using Dead Silence.
This update could certainly spice things up in Season 5. We’ve got you covered on everything that is happening, and you can find the full patch notes below.
Assault Rifles nerfed while High Alert gets buff in Warzone update
Warzone has been dominated with these “god-tier” or “no recoil” assault rifle loadouts for a few seasons. However, the devs might be shifting players away from this with changes to some of the popular ARs. The C58 was released in Season 4 and saw lots of action. Now, the C58 will see an increase in recoil and a huge decrease in its damage range.
Another popular, low recoil AR is the Krig, and this too is seeing a huge change. This gun is having its maximum damage range decreased by just over seven percent, and its minimum damage lowered by one hit point.
Season 5’s new EM2 also is getting hit with a minor nerf, this will see the ADS time slightly increased. Also, it will not longer revived a damage boost for shooting players at the torso.
For quite some time is has been teased that High Alert will become the Dead Silence counter, and that is finally here. This perk will now allow you to hear a player’s footsteps while they activated Dead Silence. This is big for Warzone, because the community has been begging for a counter to this Field Upgrade.
Although nothing is guaranteed to change players are still excited to see how these will shape up the meta in Warzone.
Aug 20 Warzone Patch Notes
- High Alert – Slot 2 (Red)
- This Perk will now allow the Player to hear the footsteps of enemies using the Dead Silence Field Upgrade.
- This change only applies to Warzone.
Other bug fixes
- Fixed additional collision issues with various elements across Verdansk allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing the ZRG 20mm (BOCW) scope glass to appear white while held in idle position.
- Fixed an issue preventing Players from accessing the Store Tab while using the Warzone client in languages other than English.
- Fixed an issue related to the “Puncture Wound” Nail Gun (BOCW) Blueprint dynamic icon.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Fennec (MW) to ignore its proper ballistics trajectory.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Players from applying a sticker to the Cane (BOCW).
- Fixed various issues related to gifting the Season Five Battle Pass.
- C58 (BOCW)
- Recoil increased
- Max Damage Range decreased by 7.4%
- ADS Speed decreased by 3.4%
- Bullet Velocity decreased by 8.1%
- EM2 (BOCW)
- Reduced Base Optic ADS Speed penalty by 21%
- Upper Torso Multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1
- Krig 6 (BOCW)
- Minimum Damage decreased from 26 to 25
- Maximum Damage Range decreased by 7.2%