Season 1 rolls on in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare as Activision and Infinity Ward will be releasing more new content on December 18, including the highly anticipated remakes of the classic Vacant and Shipment maps.
With the launch of Modern Warfare Season 1 on December 3 came what is being called the most significant post-launch content drop in Call of Duty history.
The update included a remake of the iconic Crash map, two new Gunfight maps (one of which has an excellent easter egg), two weapons, a Battle Pass with over 100 Tiers, new multiplayer modes, and much more.
However, not all of the new Season 1 content was released that day, as Activision revealed that they’d saved a good amount of it from being released periodically during the weeks that followed.
Entering the third week of the new season, the third wave of new stuff is on its way, including two more classic maps, a new multiplayer mode, three cosmetic bundles, and more.
Called Season One Refresh, this set will go live on Wednesday, December 18, at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET and will be free for all players to enjoy right away.
SEASON ONE REFRESH TRAILER
New multiplayer maps – Vacant and Shipment
Vacant and Shipment are two of the more iconic multiplayer maps in Call of Duty history, having first debuted back in the original CoD 4: Modern Warfare title.
On December 18, both will be added to the 2019 installment of the series, with Shipment doubling as a map for both the regular multiplayer and 2v2 Gunfight mode.
- Read More: Hilarious MW hiding spot will win you games
At this point, it’s not clear whether these versions of Vacant and Shipment will be identical to the originals since Infinity Ward did make a slight adjustment to Crash when releasing it several weeks ago.
New multiplayer mode – Cranked
Cranked will be fourth new mode added in Modern Warfare as part of Season 1, following Reinforced, Infected, and Gunfight O.S.P.
It is being described as a “fast-paced, high octane Deathmatch where players race against the clock to get kills or suffer an explosive fate.”
- Gunfight – This update will introduce ‘Over Winter,’ which will be a winter version of the Docks map the currently exists Gunfight. As mentioned above, Shipment will also be added to the Gunfight rotation. It’s also expected that IW will bring back the regular version of the 2v2 mode in place of O.S.P. in response to player complaints.
- Free gift pack – Activision will be giving all players a “free gift pack” on December 18. It’s not clear what will be included, but players will need to visit the ‘Just For You’ section of the Store to claim it starting at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET.
- Three new cosmetic bundles – The Modern Warfare Store will be updated with three new cosmetic bundles on December 18 – Nikto Operator Bundle (2,400 CoD Points), Holideadly (1,100 CP), and Blood Stained (2,400 CP)
- Double Weapon XP – There will be a Double Weapon XP promotion running from December 20 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET to December 23 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET.
- Three new Spec Ops – The update will introduce three more Special Ops experiences: Operation Strongbox, Classic Special Ops Disinform, and Classic Special Ops Bomb Squad.
The update that will add all of this new content is expected to go live on Wednesday, December 18, at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET. We will provide the full patch notes and breakdown for everything that it includes.