Treyarch have revealed a slew of major additions and changes that are coming to the Multiplayer mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
During their ‘Road to Launch’ live-stream on October 10, Expert Game Designer Tony Flame, Studio Design Director David Vonderhaar, and Senior Game Designer Matt Scronce broke down everything that Treyarch had added and/or changed following community feedback.
The feedback they received was during the two private beta weekends in August, during which players on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC had a chance to try out the beta version of the Multiplayer.
Some of the news that was revealed during the live-stream was about new weapons, new scorestreaks, and changes to core mechanics such as dropshotting, healing, Fog of War, and more.
- There has been a new sniper added to the game called ‘Outlaw.’ Gameplay with the new weapon was shown during the stream.
- A new operator mod called ‘Dual Wield SMG’ will be available for some of the SMG weapons, and it will allow players to equip two of the same gun at the same time.
- A new 3-round burst pistol has been added to the game called RK 7 Garrison.
- Players using LMG weapons will have very little to no flinch when aiming down sights. There will also be two new LMGs added compared to what was available in the beta.
- A brand-new thermal sight has been added as an option for certain weapons. The sight was noticeably missing during the beta.
- Three new scorestreaks were revealed during the live-stream: Drone Squad, Sniper’s Next, and Dart.
- Drone Squad proved a squad of drones that fly around the map and provide recon intel.
- Sniper’s Nest is a helicopter that flies in and includes two professional snipers with .50 CAL sniper rifles shooting down, one on each side of the chopper.
- The Dart returns and is very similar to its Black Ops 3 counterpart. This scorestreak allows players to remotely fly around a dart that can shoot down small rockets and provide intel on locations of enemies.
- The RC-XD has been heavily improved as it now offers both better vision and more effective navigation.
- The Gunship and Attack Chopper have also been improved, with the latter possibly having the potential to cause “devastating” damage.
- Dropshotting, which had been nerfed in the beta compared to previous CoD titles, will now be further possible with the Stock II attachment.
- Fog of War has been heavily changed, as players who show up on opponents’ FOW will get an “eye ball” icon on their screen notifying them that they’ve been detected. The FOW mini-map now comes in the form of a cone and no longer a circle.
- Spawns, which were a big point of contention during the beta, have been dramatically improved.
- Healing, more specifically the Stem Shot, has been slightly “dialed back” as the time it takes to use it has been increased. However, the animation of switching between healing and weapons has been smoothed out.
Just as with the Multiplayer, there are numerous major changes and adjustments that have been made to the Blackout battle royale mode, all of which can be found at the link below:
- CoD’s Blackout battle royale mode will feature major changes at launch – Level 3 Armor, audio fixes, player counts, and more
The entirety of Treyarch’s October 10 ‘Road to Launch’ live-stream can be viewed down below: