The big mid-season event, ‘Iron Crown Collection’, is finally live in Apex Legends for PC, PS4 and Xbox one, adding solo mode for the first time, plus lots of new cosmetics.
Solo mode is of course the main component to this update, finally bringing one of the most requested features since the game first launched – but only for a limited time.
Running from August 13 until August 27, the solo mode will be a tester, with the potential for it to be made permanent depending on feedback.
Release time: When is the Iron Crown Collection update?
The Iron Crown Collection event has gone live on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on August 13 at 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 6PM BST.
Iron Crown event trailer
The full trailer for the event leaked ahead of the update’s release by NVIDIA, revealing the new Town Takeover location, and a handful of the skins that are coming.
You can see the full trailer for the event below.
Declare your right to rule. :crown:
Stand above the rest in limited-time Solos mode, score unique cosmetics, launch into an adrenaline-fueled town takeover designed by Octane himself, and more. pic.twitter.com/daQDIW8Pli
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) August 13, 2019
Iron Crown Collection skins
There’s also going to be a selection of new skins coming to Apex Legends for the event, and judging by what Respawn have shown off beforehand, they are taking their skin game up a level.
You can see every skin revealed for the event so far here.
Map change: Town Takeover
A new area has been added to the map, just adjacent to Thunderdome, named Town Takeover.
It’s “adrenaline-fueled” location, designed by the speed-freak Octane himself.[ad name=”article5″]
In addition to solos and new cosmetics, there are some bug fixes and other minor updates added too.
Respawn keep fans informed about what they’re working on thanks to their Trello board, so if the issue you were hoping for hasn’t been addressed, it might be in a future update.
Apex Legends Iron Crown update patch notes
- Limited Time Mode – Solos
- We are finally dipping our toes into the Solo waters. We’re going to put it out there and see what happens. Too early to say if this will become permanent or not – healthy matchmaking across all modes is priority. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.
- Octane Town Takeover
- New Town on Kings Canyon
- Double XP for Top 5 & Wins Weekend
- From 10am PST on August 16th through 10am PST on August 19th players will earn double XP for Top 5’s and Wins all weekend long. This bonus will affect both Account Level and Battle Pass progression.
- A special Collection Event Apex Pack and Iron Crown Event Store
- Available for a limited time!
- With Bloodhound Heirloom Set Preview!
- Exclusive event challenges with free loot.
- Complete a variety of challenges to earn two Iron Crown Collection packs, exclusive Iron Crown event badges, and event currency (Crowns).
- Fixed issue where assigned challenges not resetting properly and giving rewards.
- Fixed bug causing incorrect calculation of Kill/Death Ratio in player stats.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes a Care Package would clip into map geometry.
- Fixed a bug that was sometimes showing Apex Predator ranked players RP as zero when viewing the badge in the Lobby.
- Fixed issue with players having connection issues when trying to join a squad that has already played a match.
- Fixed issue where Daily and Weekly Challenges would reset earlier than communicated in the game.
- (Xbox Only) Fixed bug where players would sometimes not receive “The Player” achievement when hitting level 50.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes Arc Stars would attach to players and some objects at a distance and appear to float off of them.
- Fixed bug where sometimes Arc Stars would not explode or do no damage when it detonates.
- Fixed issue with players sometimes unable to unlock the “Double Duty” Badge.
- Fixed bug where sometimes using a healing item while experiencing bad ping would cause them to heal for twice as much.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added a Death Recap to the end of match summary that will display a damage summary of your last battle.
- Improved the UI during the Match Summary to better show Battle Pass progression.
- Added In-game Survey
- While playing you may get a prompt that will pop up asking if you enjoyed the last match. This data will be helpful to us so please provide your input when you see it.
- Added option to spectate your squadmates after dying.
- Added option to “Invite Squad” in the Squad Tab.
- Players should no longer lose RP when experiencing a server crash or disconnect in Ranked Mode.
- Fixed issue where squadmates could not ping a friendly Wraith portal.
- Fixed issue where players could pull other players out of a match by joining them, and then joining another friend from the Lobby.
- Fixed issue where sometimes a player would get left behind from their squad in the Lobby after they enter a match.
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes get a “Party Not Ready” error message even though they were no longer in a party.
- Fixes that should improve overall game stability to reduce crashes.
Disruptor Rounds with Alternator:
- Reduced Shielded damage multiplier 1.7 -> 1.55.
- Designer Notes: Disruptor rounds on the alternator are shredding shields a bit too quickly and still proving to be stronger than intended, so we’re reducing the disruptor rounds multiplier on shield damage.
- Increased Magazine Size for all tiers to the following:
- Base: 16
- Common: 19
- Rare: 22
- Epic: 25
- Designer Notes: We’re giving the RE-45 a small boost in power by giving it one more round for every mag size. Downing a non-fortified enemy with the RE-45 with 0, 50, 75, and 100 shields requires 10, 14, 16, and 19 shots respectively, so this extra round gives the gun the ability to one-mag more armored enemies instead of leaving them barely alive.
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil. Slightly increased recoil pattern randomness.
- Designer Notes: We’ve made these changes as we’ve seen that the R301 is a bit stronger than intended at long range. We’ve adjusted recoil to balance keeping it effective at medium to close range–which is the original intent–but it should be more difficult for players to auto fire and still laser enemies at long distances.
- Made adjustments to Pathfinder’s and Low-Profile Legends hitboxes.
- Taking shots to the hip now does torso damage instead of leg damage. This should more closely match the behavior of the other Legends.
- Fixed a bug where activating a healing item would cancel the Ultimate for Legends that need to prime it (Bangalore / Pathfinder / Caustic / Gibraltar / Bloodhound)
- Fixed an exploit where players would sometimes be able to still shoot while downed.
- Increased the distance that Bloodhound can see traversal clues left by other players (but not other kinds of clues) to 25 meters.
- Adjusted the area of effect for Bloodhound’s Tactical to 110 fov.
- Based on player feedback, we’ve reduced the “hum” audio that’s playing while using Wraith’s Kunai.
- Fixed issue where actions for Wrath would have a slight delay when her weapon is holstered and crouching or sliding while the kunai is equipped.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to remove the cooldown for Wraith’s Tactical Ability.
- Fixed a bug where Bloodhound’s Ultimate Ability could be activated with no charge up time while riding a zipline.
- Fixed bug where Mirage was able to stay invisible and still be able to shoot and melee when using his Ultimate on a zipline.
- Fixed bug where sometimes Octane’s Jump Pad would not launch the player.
Apex Legends Iron Crown event full details
Limited-Time Mode – Solos
That’s right, we’re finally dipping our toes in the Solo waters. While we are committed to Apex Legends delivering a competitive, three-player squad experience, we’re going to put Solos in for a limited time. We are always striving to ensure healthy matchmaking across all modes, so it’s too early to say whether Solos will be permanent or not, but we’re going to watch and see what happens. As always, we want to hear your feedback, so let us know what you think.
Octane Town Takeover
Octane has taken over part of Kings Canyon and done a bit of remodeling to better suit his adrenaline-seeking tendencies. Check out the mega jump pad course and Ring of Fire to eliminate enemy squads in style. We’re always looking for new ways to weave Legend personalities into the map, and this change will remain part of Kings Canyon even after the event ends. If the community enjoys these types of town takeovers we’ll look into adding more for other Legends in the future.
A special Iron Crown Collection Pack
Apex Legends Collection Events bring a set of themed, limited-time content to Kings Canyon. Open Iron Crown Collection Packs for a 50% shot at an Epic item and a 50% shot at a Legendary item from a set of 24 themed items. No Commons, no Rares, and no duplicates will be included in these packs.
A fixed loot pool with no duplicates means that if you unlock all 12 Epics and still have items remaining, you’re guaranteed a Legendary on every future Iron Crown Collection Pack opening.
Iron Crown Event Store
The Iron Crown Collection Event also introduces a new event currency, Crowns, which can be earned from challenges and received from Iron Crown Collection Packs. Crowns can be spent in the new limited-time event store to unlock Event-Limited Rare, Epic, and Legendary content.
During the event, if you unlock all 24 Iron Crown Collection Pack items, you’ll be able to get Bloodhound’s Heirloom Set with Apex Coins. The Bloodhound Heirloom Set will enter the standard Apex Pack bonus pool after the Iron Crown Preview Event ends.
Unspent Crowns will automatically convert to Crafting Metals at the end of the event. All Iron Crown Collection Packs and Iron Crown Store content are Event Limited.
Event Challenges with Free Loot
During the Iron Crown Collection Event, complete a variety of challenges to earn two Iron Crown Collection Packs, exclusive Iron Crown event badges, and Crowns.
Double Top 5 and Wins XP Weekend
From 10:00 a.m. PT on August 16 through 10:00 a.m. PT on August 19, players will earn double XP for Top 5 finishes and wins. This bonus will affect both Account Level and Battle Pass progression.